Saturday, February 18, 2006

Hydrogen


It's not so much about hydrogen as it is about being. Being, much like hydrogen, is colorless, odorless, nonmetallic, univalent, tasteless, and highly flammable. But enough with the formalities. Welcome to my blog. My name is Rasha, and I'm not the blog-posting type. I'm also not the sort of person to stick with anything. Boredom, I fear, is my kryptonite so to say. And with kryptonite comes the end of things.

When i was a kid growing up in Beirut, I used to sleep in our apartment corridor on nights when the bombing was more severe. I remember staying up after my mom, dad, brother and sister had fallen asleep, and just staring out the window for what seemed like hours. I loved watching the lights. I liked to think of them as lights, when in fact they were works of fire..fire art. I loved the colors, the magical mesh of oddly colored shapes and lines, and the way they all came together. Fast forward a few years later and I began to remember the lights as the beauty of destruction. These days, I remember the lights as exploding hydrogen, brightly colored, intense and pressured to the point of explosion.

Or implosion. Afterall, is that not the malice of everyday. Everyday, faced with stories, pictures, trauma and all that causes us to distort or inner body into malnutritioned bundles of loss. Sad really. Nothing is what we say it is, and nothing is as at should be.

Now, all the drama and glory of hydrogen put aside, I think this blog should be thought of as the glory of thought. I also think this is a happy occasion and this blog should be filled with happy thoughts. Happy thoughts make the world go round, and happy thoughts make everyday fun. I'll try to remember that everyday brings about a new story to tell, something fun to think back on and laugh, and that being young is not something I'll remember forever. So cheers darlings, and happy thoughts everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home