Friday, February 24, 2006

Absolut Bumming

So it's 4 am and I just got home. Not a very good idea, considering I have work at 9 a.m. tomorrow morning. A bunch of us spent the evening at my friend's house, just drinking, talking..blah. We always get together at the same place, drink the same alcohol, play the same game (truth or dare) and ask the exact same questions. But for some reason, it never gets old. We've figured out a way to see a new dimension in every question every single time we play. Weird.

I don't know what it is about truth or dare that's so captivating for us. Every time we play we end up acting like lame-ass teenagers binge drinking for the first time. We' just can’t get enough. It's like we're doing what we couldn't do growing up. And for the oddest reason, we never cease to be amused by "i dare you to kiss ... (insert name)". Ah the innocence.

The latter part of the evening consisted of just me and 2 other friends sitting around, listening to Damien Rice and belching out the lyrics to tracks 1 through 7 (some even in arabic...haram Damien). I say belching, coz there really is no way of justifying what we were doing as singing. Way too much Absolut. Again, haram Damien. It was a good night though. I haven't done the whole "let's sit around and listen to records" thing in forever (ok maybe not records but u get my drift). I felt like a student again. Nothing like it.

And so in keeping with the student spirit I seem to have reconnected with, I'll be ditching work tomorrow to go hang out with the same people and listen to more records. We've made a pact, and I’ve never wanted to honor a pact more than now. I’ll mysteriously be getting a really bad migraine/tummy ache/case of severe nausea. Yay for me.

2 Comments:

At Friday, February 24, 2006 8:49:00 AM, Blogger Ramzi said...

Ah, the perks of being "more senior"...

 
At Friday, February 24, 2006 9:20:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what's the pact about?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home