Sunday, February 26, 2006

Moderation

Saturday night. Monot. (Yes, people still go to Monot).

A few rounds of margaritas, followed by a few rounds of B52, Sambuca and Absente shots and the topic of conversation has somehow shifted to "beb il badan" and the perks of having a future doctor right there with us. This of course is followed by a "I'll prove I'm not drunk-ask me any question" game:

Ok Rasha. What's 100-7.
66.
Wrong. What's 7+4.
51.

My math teacher would've been proud.

Fast forward a couple of hours and we've completely embraced the idea of "moderation is masturbation". A friend's semi decent apartment, someone using a rather narrow halogen lamp as a dancing pole, a rather tall gentleman bally dancing, and 2 other ladies on a tabletop dancing to Need You Tonight. Very nice. Approximately 37 seconds later, and a lady is screaming at us from a balcony across. "Ya zo3ran, ya bala marba, taffouli hal mousi2a w ndabo! Ya bala akhla2...." etc etc, the latter part of the reprimand drowned out by a combination of the gasps and giggles of drunken fools really.

I wonder what was REALLY going on in her mind watching that.

3 Comments:

At Monday, February 27, 2006 3:53:00 AM, Blogger J. said...

"moderation is masturbation"
That's hilarious.
Sounds fun. I wish I did the "let's act like fools because we're drunk" thing more often when I had the chance.

 
At Tuesday, February 28, 2006 12:05:00 AM, Blogger Ramzi said...

What was she really thinking?
Moving. :)

 
At Tuesday, February 28, 2006 12:59:00 AM, Blogger Rasha said...

jij: I can't take credit for that genius phrase. Thank our friends in STP.

ramzi: nice :).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home