Monday, March 13, 2006

Happy Days

Ahhhh...so good to be back home. Back in my little bed, all curled up and ready for a good night's sleep. It's too bad I seem to have developed a bad case of insomnia. Oh well. I'll keep myself busy.

These past couple of weeks have been good to me. With the exception of a few (actually several) arguments with my parents about disrespecting the rules of the house and ignoring the rules of the society we live in. Yeah, whatever. I honestly don't know where my parents think they live. I've also been going through a hard time trying to decide whether to quit my job or stick to it. I really don't know. But all that seems ok in the light of day. Why you ask? Well..maybe it's the ultra-sexy, ultra-soothing voice of Mr. Howie Day blasting from my stereo, or it could be thanks to another gentleman who's been keeping me company. Yeah people...I'm still so in like.

How wonderful is it to feel cared for? Fabulous I say. Absolutely fabulous. You tend to forget how wonderful it really is be with someone who makes you happy, someone you're perfectly happy to sit next to and say nothing but feel a connection slowly building in the undertones of the whole experience.

Recently, I've been finding it hard to come up with something to write about. For some reason my stories about reckless alcohol consumption and nights on the town seem less compelling than before. For example, I could be writing about how I fell off the chair at a fairly empty pub earlier tonight when I decided to stand up and lip sync the lyrics to a popular Coldplay track (yes, embarrassing). But instead, here I am at 5 in the morning talking about a connection that has come out of nowhere and made me focus on less trivial things going on in my life. I want to sit at my laptop and bitch about this and that, but I can't get myself to do it. AND I'M USUALLY SO GOOD AT THE BITCHING! Kinda sucks, but I'm sure I'll get my groove back...just like Stella.

Why am I sharing all this with you? I really don't know. Maybe it’s just because I'm going through a different kind of happy right now, and I seem to find it pretty cool. Happy is always good, but a different kind of happy is just…different. It mellows you down as a person and somehow winds you down; you're still the same person, but more content at one level. Changes come and go very quickly. I’ve come to realize that to make most out of your life, you have to keep your eyes open for these changes so when they do come, you’re there…mind and body…and you can fully grasp the intensity of what’s going on around you.

2 Comments:

At Friday, March 17, 2006 6:38:00 AM, Blogger Laila K said...

it's the BEST feeling, the first few weeks with someone, enjoy! just 'discovered' ur blog, very nice..

 
At Friday, March 24, 2006 2:06:00 AM, Blogger La La said...

We're in the same boat sister, it feels wonderful! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home